Sunday, February 6, 2011

To Warm You...

... on this dreary day.

We've been having such dreary, cold and rainy weather here in Bama for the past week.

I'M READY FOR SPRINGTIME!!!

So, here's a little goody to warm you through on this day.  I do NOT claim to be a master baker, nor photographer.  But I love to cook and take pictures. :)

So here's my creation from this weekend.  


Banana Cupcakes w/ Nutella Buttercream Frosting

I'm IN LOVE with this frosting now... and so proud b/c I just totally did it on my own!  I know, I know... I found some recipes later after I googled it, but I had already made it at that point.  If only I were the FIRST person to think of it. :)

I was going to try Maple Buttercream (thinking that would go good with bananas), but then I noticed I had a half eaten jar of Nutella in the pantry.  I discovered Nutella last year (after hearing about it forever but just never trying it) and I wondered, "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!?!"

So I thought, "Why not make it into buttercream?"  MAN, am I glad I did.  I'm thinking I might use this to frost Jase's birthday cake in April (which I'll tell you about later).

My thought process was: Chocolate covered banana?  Sounds good to me!

Enjoy!


YUM-O!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment