Saturday, February 26, 2011

Temporary Home...

Today's inspiring post comes from one of my favorite singers... Carrie Underwood.

One day this week, I was blogging away while GAC was playing music videos in the background.  While I was waiting on photos to upload, her song came on.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard this song... and considering I sang it last year in our church's Great Ole Opry performance, I wore it out on my IPod while practicing. :)

I've always thought it was a great song, but you know.... sometimes you hear something so many times, you forget to stop and think about the lyrics.

Well, I stopped and watched the video this time.  If you haven't seen it, at the end, she walks into her grandfather's hospital room... he's about to pass away.  She is heartbroken, but so glad she was able to tell him goodbye.  Everytime I hear that verse, I think about my grandfather.  He passed away several years ago.  I think about him often.

I am so glad I was able to be there when he passed away.  I really feel in my heart that he knew we were all there with him, holding his hand.  

And now I think, "I hope he's proud of me."  He is one person who was IN LOVE with his grandchildren.  He would've done anything for us.

I hope that he's watching down on me... and I hope he's proud.

I wish he could've met Jase.  But then again, I know he's got a front row seat from Heaven.  

One day, I'll get to see him again.  And that makes me happy. :)

This day, I couldn't help but cry... it felt as though he was sitting on the couch beside me.  So comforting to know that we have our loved ones watching over us.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, Mikey's grandfather passed away a couple of years ago, and he was like a father to Mikey, so his passing was harder than most on our family. Anyway, it makes me terribly sad that he never got to meet Charlie this side of Heaven, but I told Mikey that I think his PawPaw hand-picked Charlie and sent him to us because Charlie is a handful, and he gives us a run for our money on a daily basis. I think he probably met Charlie, his side of Heaven, before we ever met him here on Earth.

    ReplyDelete