Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Snack time!

I've found a neat little snack that's great for "watching your diet."

While buying groceries last week, I stumbled upon these little things... I was looking for something to snack on during the day (besides Easter candy - it's KILLING me).


Sensible Portions Cinnamon Apple Straws.  They are all natural, no trans fat, no cholesterol.  The serving size is 38 STRAWS.  That pretty much sold me.  I hate when I can only eat 5 of something.  That's not enough to satisfy my tongue, much less my belly.

38 straws have 130 calories.  You can't beat that.

I was skeptical about how they would taste, but they are actually pretty good.  And addictive.  They have the consistency/texture of cinnamon twists from Taco Bell.  Light, crunchy, and covered in cinnamon/sugar.  But they have an "apple-y" aftertaste.  

They also come in other flavors: potato, sweet potato, and veggie.

Give 'em a try!

2 comments:

  1. how these sound good! except i'm allergic to apples & i hate potatoes and veggies. lol but seriously you did make them sound really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO! Well, that's a big bummer. So sorry I tempted you. :)

    ReplyDelete