Thursday, May 19, 2011

Clean Up, Clean Up, Everybody Clean Up!

Recently, I decided it was time (past time, actually) to revamp the playroom.  It will eventually become Jase's bedroom (if we're still living here when the next baby comes).  But it was just a mish-mash of things... toys and stuff, arts and crafts, all sorts of things.

I was tired of looking at it.

So I got busy... throwing things away left and right.

This was my old bookshelf and desk (which I never used, except to collect things... and dust):

And I paired it down to this:

This is the room as a disaster area, while I was trying to organize what I was keeping and what was trash:

And here's the finished room... I know you can't see it all, but it's SO MUCH BETTER.  Much more room to play!

And for the last of my projects, I talked hubby into putting some shelves into my hall closet.  Before, I had stuff just thrown in there.  It would literally fall out onto you when you opened the door.  

Now, it's perfect!  All of my crafts (along with some other things) are neatly stored away... out of sight!

I am so proud of the transformation... hopefully it'll look better for house showings.  It definitely won't look so cluttered.  That's a good thing!

1 comment: