Monday, May 23, 2011

For a friend...

I am going back to work... yep.

But thank goodness it's only 2 days a week. 

I have a friend (and former coworker) at Merle Norman Cosmetics in Gardendale... her name is Nancy.

About 1 month ago, she was diagnosed with a Glioblastoma - the most aggressive form of brain cancer.  In a month's time, it spread from one side of her brain to the other.  It is inoperable.  She is under the care of a doctor at UAB.  They have told her from the beginning that there is no cure.  But they are going to do everything they can to treat the symptoms of the tumor. 

Such a sad situation.  Unfortunately, unless she receives a miracle (which we are all praying for) the outcome does not look good.

So I was asked to help out in her place at the shop. 

I hate that I'll be going back there on these circumstances, but I'm glad I'll be able to help take a little stress off of the boss.  I know she's having a hard time, and doesn't know quite what to do.  So I'm there until she makes a final decision.

I have prepared Jase for this... as much as possible.  Not too sure he understands that Mommy will be gone for 8 hours on these days.  But then again, he probably doesn't care.  He'll love being with Grandmommy.  She has an iPad. :)

I'll let you know how it goes!!!  And maybe I won't spend too much money on makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment