Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fabulous-ness... Part 2

So the rest of my fabulous weekend went like this:

Saturday, we slept late...  MUCH NEEDED!

Once Jase got back home, we got ready and headed BACK to Birmingham.  We rode through some of the devastated areas.  Pitiful.

We went toward the Summit.  We don't go there a whole lot.  But Jason wanted P.F. Chang's.  So that's where we went.

After a great lunch/dinner, he made a pit stop at Old Navy.  I guess he just new I wanted to go, even though  I didn't say a word.  I really had no intentions of him spending that much money on me this weekend.  Especially since he worked so hard to make it.  But it was his idea.  Why would I dispute, that?

I got a couple of shirts and a CUTE pair of shoes.
And they're actually very comfy!

Then, to Jase's favorite place -  the must-have dessert... Yogurt Mountain.

The we were home by 6:00.  We decided that we'd go out early like that from now on.  That way, the night is still young and we won't have to go straight to bed afterwards.

Sunday was another great day.  After church, we (my parents & my sis and her hubby) went to our usual Mother's Day traditional lunch place... Johnny Rockets.  We went there a few years ago when all of the B'ham restaurants had 2 hour waits.  It was a great decision, and we've just kept it up each year.
Then we spent the evening at Jason's parents' house with his family.  It was such a beautiful day.  We spent the entire evening outside.  Hotdogs, wiffle ball (not sure how to spell that, but Hubby says wiffle), and a porch swing - plus some bug spray.  

Now THAT was a fabulous weekend!

I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed Mother's Day.

In all of my joy, I have NOT forgotten those who have suffered great losses over the past few weeks.  My heart is broken for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment