Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Greatest Sacrifice...

We have had a great weekend around our house.  Not only because we've spent lots of time together, but also because this is the anniversary of the most significant event in history.

Our Lord and Savior gave His life for me... and you.  And today, we celebrate that love.  Selfless love.  Unconditional love.

I can't wrap my mind around the gift He gave.  But I am so very thankful.

On Friday, we spent the day with Daddy.  Even though he slept most of the day on the couch (he worked a lot of overtime this past week and was still recovering), we still had a great day.

The day started with these:


Due to a conversation with a friend earlier in the week (thanks, Chris) I just had to try these... cinnamon rolls made out of crescent rolls.  Little did I know, Jason and Chris (who were best buds all through school and spent a lot of time at each others' homes) LIVED for Chris' mom's cinnamon rolls.  When they shared her secret with me, I couldn't wait to try them.  I've ALWAYS wanted to make homemade cinnamon rolls, but I've always been too afraid to attempt it.  And still, I didn't have an exact recipe, so I just made it up as I went.. and they were fabulous!!

After cleaning up that mess, I made another one. (Well, actually 2.  I grilled some chicken on the ol' George Foreman so I could have it the next few days for salads.)  

I prepped the work space and got ready for some egg-dying fun!!


 The makers of this lovely kit intended for you to use these little plastic, flimsy, bendy, stretchable cups to hold your colors.  Yeah, right.  Disaster waiting to happen.

So we improvised.

We had a fun time.  Wish Daddy would've been awake through the whole process, but he needed his beauty rest.

It took everything in me (being the overly obsessive-compulsive person that I am) to let Jase take the reigns and do it all by himself.  But I had to take pictures.  It was a little difficult to hold a camera and an egg at the same time. 

We managed to make it through the experience without spillage. :)  Aren't you proud?


 Please excuse the appearance of my child and my kitchen.  It was pajama day... and well, I can't justify the messy kitchen table, guns and fishing rods in the background. :)








What a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment