Monday, April 18, 2011

End to a perfect weekend

It surely was perfect!!!

I was so upset (and anxious) when Jase's birthday party got cancelled.  We had terrible storms (like major tornadoes) here in Bama on Friday.  I had this bad feeling that it was going to affect our plans for Saturday.

And then, to top it all off, Jason was told he had to be @ work Saturday morning at 6:00.  They were expecting major damage (and lots of power outages) so they were getting prepared.  Unfortunately, they were right.  Parts of our state were hit very hard by tornadoes, and lots of damage was done.  Jason said it was one of the worst storms he had ever seen.... came really close to hurricane Ivan.  We are so sorry for those whose homes were damaged or lost - and especially those families who lost loved ones.

The boss said there was no way he could get out of it.... Jason HAD to be there.  He kept telling me, "I'll be home by 5."  We called everyone and told them the party would be @ 5 instead of lunchtime.

I, however, was not so optimistic.  I knew in my heart that he would NOT be finished working in time for the party.  And I wasn't having a party without him there.

So I made the executive decision to change the party one last and final time to Sunday @ 5.

I'm SO glad I did!  Jason worked until 4 IN THE MORNING on SUNDAY.  He came home and went straight to bed.  Jase and I carried on with our normal Sunday activities... church and lunch. :)

Also, I didn't mention the weather on Saturday.  It would have been a terrible day for an outdoor party.  It was COLD and WINDY.  So, instead, Jase and I went to the mall, did a little shopping, and rode the carousel. :)

Sunday turned out to be the perfect day!!!  I couldn't have asked for better weather (or a better party).  The cake was a hit.  And we have an amazing family who made the day extra special for Jase.

Unfortunately, I didn't stop long enough to take many pictures, so here's a few.  I'll post more when I get them from my sis - the designated photographer for the day. :)

Enjoy.  I hope you had a wonderful weekend, as well!!










No comments:

Post a Comment