Thursday, April 14, 2011

Can't believe it!!!

My baby boy is 3 today. :(  

3 years ago today, I went for a routine checkup, 36 weeks pregnant.  I told the doctor I had been having some "funny feelings" all weekend, but nothing to be concerned about.  I had NO IDEA that those "funny feelings" were contractions.  And yes, they had been going on ALL weekend... just a few minutes apart.  After checking me and realizing I had progressed A LOT in a week, she sent me for monitoring.  And the next thing I knew, I was ready to meet my baby boy.  (Let's hope and pray that the next baby's birth will be as easy as the first time around.)  It was the best day of my life (next to marrying my best friend).  I never knew it was possible to have that much love for one individual.  It's unexplainable.



So that brings me to today.

MAJOR SAD FACE.

I just don't know where the time has gone.

It seems like yesterday, I was bringing him home for the first time... scared out of my mind.  

And now, he's grown up to be a handsome, smart, funny, and loving little boy.

This is going to be a hard weekend.  I just want him to stay 2 forever!

Well, now then.  Guess I'll cheer up and think about all of the stuff I have to get done before Saturday... and hope the weather cooperates for our party!!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Jase.  I love you more than you'll ever know.

1 comment:

  1. I remember how shocked and excited I was when Josh called me at work to tell me that you were in labor! I can not believe it has been 3 years. Time goes by so fast :(

    ReplyDelete