Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Just Like Old Times...


Yesterday, my hubby and I did something we haven't done in years!  

We went fishing.



Now, HE goes fishing every week (literally), but it's been quite a while since I tagged along.  At least 3 years, actually. 

Before Jase was born, he used to take me fishing all the time.  We'd go to quiet little ponds in our neighborhood.  It was so much fun.  I love being with him, and especially doing something he loves (he's a fisherman at heart).

Yesterday seemed like the perfect day.  So he fixed my rod/reel (yes, MINE), and we headed out.  We didn't go far; just behind my parents' house.  

It was so peaceful and serene.... and I caught 4 FISH.  I was so proud... thought I'd be a little rusty.  He assured me it's like riding a bike.

And then, about an hour into our afternoon getaway, it started POURING RAIN.  But we had lots of fun while it lasted!  Can't wait to go back.

You won't catch me out there when it's 100 degrees and the bugs are biting, but this time of year is perfect!  

A perfect way to spend time with my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment