Saturday, March 5, 2011

His Plans...

... are better than ours.

2 Sundays ago, Brother Holder spoke at our church.  Our pastor was not feeling well, so he called on Brother Holder to bring the Word.  And boy, did he do that.

His whole sermon was about how GOD is in control.  Of everything.

One verse he used stuck in my head.

Proverbs 19:21.

"Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."

So many times I try to "plan" my future.  When I'll start working.... when our house will sell.... what we'll do after that.... how much our next house will cost.... when we'll have another baby.... how we'll afford it....  AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON.

I realized that I CANNOT plan my life that way.  If I do, I might miss God's plan.  Instead of praying, "Lord, bless what I am doing,"  we should be praying, "Lord, LET ME DO WHAT YOU ARE BLESSING."  

So powerful and so true.  His plan is so right for our lives... we just have to trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment