Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Incentive

We've tried the Potty Chart method in the past, but this time it's different.

We've mastered "pee-peeing" but are having some issues with "poo-pooing".  It's not that he doesn't know how, I think he's just scared.  Every 20 minutes I hear, "Mommy, I've gotta go pee-pee," when I KNOW he doesn't.  I can read the warning signs (shivers and goosebumps, along with clinched legs) - it's time to poo-poo.

He'll sit there (after forcing begging and planting him on the potty, while crying hysterically) but usually will refuse to go.  But after a while, he has no choice.  A few times, he has held it so long that he can't make it to the potty when he finally realizes it's an emergency.

So I decided it was time for an incentive.  Every time I've bribed, it's worked.  But I'm going broke. :)

So here's the new method.

 (I wish I could say I came up with the design, but that was my mother.  I just executed it.)

Cute, huh?

So far, so good.  
This chart is STRICTLY for pooping.  After ALL the stars are filled with stickers, it's prize time.  And then I can just add more stars if needed.

The point is to make pooping in the potty a HABIT.  I'm hoping this works!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment