Friday, June 10, 2011

Disappointed

Lately, it seems that I continue to be disappointed in people.  

Let me begin by saying that I am, BY NO MEANS, anywhere near perfect, nor do I believe that I always make the best decisions in life.  But I try my best.  I try to please everyone.  I try to make my parents, my husband, and my child proud.  

It seems that the times we are living in just keep getting worse.  And people continue to make bad decisions.  People you NEVER would have imagined could do something this wrong, continue to disappoint you.

People with families.... husbands, wives, and children.  It seems that they care more about pleasing themselves than following God's rules.

Again, I am not preaching perfection.  We are all human, and we are all sinners.  I get that.

But it is important (and necessary) to think about who will be affected by the decisions you make.

Marriage is sacred.  The vow you make in front of God and family means something.  I think people are forgetting that.  Yes, this world and its influences are growing more and more complacent.  But that doesn't mean we should set aside our standards.  

We have to continue to live the way God intended us to live... make better decisions... and love those we promised to love.  

I am so very thankful for my husband and his love for me... for my parents' and my in-laws' love that has stood the test of time for 30+ years.  I have had great examples.  

(PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not think I have forgotten there are exceptions.  I do, most certainly, know there are.)

I pray that you will continue to love as though it's the first day you met.  Through thick and thin.

1 comment: