Monday, June 13, 2011

Changes

I guess it's no secret, and I don't mind sharing, that we have HIGH HOPES for changes to come in our household.  

If you wish to be surprised, I suggest you STOP READING NOW!!!  :)

Now that Jase is 3, we think it's the perfect time to expand our family.  It's taken me this long to prepare.  And after talking to a friend recently and sharing my feelings, I realized I am not alone in this.

For the past 3 years, the last thing I wanted to think about was another baby.  It's been ME AND JASE for 3 years and I am perfectly happy that way.  But I know he needs a sibling.  He WANTS a sibling.

I just can't imagine loving another human being as much as I love Jase.  But I know I will.  And my friend assured me that I will.  

I guess another reason I haven't been ready to start over is that I don't want Jase to grow up.  He won't be "the baby" anymore (although he'll always be MY baby).  That makes me sad.

But I have no excuse.  I'm lucky enough to be able to stay home each day.  I have a loving and helpful husband, and Jase will be the perfect big brother and helper for Mommy.

So I have psyched myself up... I'm ready.

I would never want my 2nd child to read this and think, "Hmm.. Mommy really didn't want me here."  That's NOT THE CASE.  I know I will love that little baby just as much as I love Jase.  Babies are miracles.  It's hard NOT to love them... especially when it's your own.

I dragged out my "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book and bought some prenatal vitamins (research shows they can help you get pregnant quicker - we'll see - I hope research is right, since you know me... little miss planner).

I've even been browsing baby names. :)  Jumping the gun a little???  Nah.

Now, I know some of my family will read this post and say, "Why is she telling the world (or her 29 followers on blogspot) every step she's taking???"  

But the way I see it, it's a little different the 2nd time around.  And since people hound me constantly about when Jase will be getting a baby brother/sister, I figure it's okay to tell them.... we're working on that.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I am so EXCITED!!!!! I am beyond thrilled to be an Aunt again. Jase will be a wonderful big brother!

    ReplyDelete