Saturday, January 22, 2011

Not too interesting...

This week has been a "not so great/kind of boring" week for me.  LAST WEEK, I took Jase to the doctor.  Thank goodness it wasn't strep or flu... which is what Doctor Bill thought. (We love our doc... in fact, he was MY doctor until I got married.  He kicked me out of the office.)  Anyhow, Jase was pitiful.  All the tests came back negative and I heard those famous words that I HATE so much... "it's viral."  If you are a mother, you understand exactly where I'm coming from.  You almost WISH it were something more, so that they could have some medicine to speeds things along.

He began to feel better a few days later.  I, however, began to feel worse.  He spread his lovely germs to me.  My mother would say it's my fault, because Jase and I kiss on each other all day everyday.  We have a special Mommy/Baby bond. :) 

I actually missed church last Sunday... which is something I never do.  I just had absolutely no energy.  The reason I'm telling you my sob story is to justify why I haven't blogged much this week.  I had good intentions, but honestly I didn't feel like lifting my fingers to type (or do anything else productive, for that matter).  AND, like I said, it was pretty boring around here so I didn't have much to talk about anyway.

But, today is "inspiring post" day... and I must keep my promise.  So, here goes.

As I was thinking about what to write about this week, it just came natural.  I love writing about inspiring people.  This person inspires me on a daily basis.  It's my wonderful hubby.

Now, yes, I have written about him in the past... how much I love him and all that other gushy stuff.  But this week, he has really made me proud.

We had a conversation a few days ago about how much he appreciated me.  He realized how much I do here during the day (every day) and he felt the need to thank me.  At first, I thought he was jerking my chain, but he wasn't... he was being totally super sweet.

Yes, being a mommy/wife is difficult and your job NEVER ENDS.  However, I LOVE every minute of being home each day.  I truly think God created me to be a stay-at-home mommy.  I understand, many women feel that they need to get out of the house... before the walls come crashing down on them.  I, on the other hand, am perfectly happy and content here.  And I would be the rest of the my life.

Sorry, I got a little sidetracked.

Back to my hubby.  He amazes me.  He works SO VERY extremely hard just so that I can live my dream and stay home (for the time being).  He never complains.  He deals with A LOT on a daily basis.  I hear all the caddy stories from work and I honestly don't know how he keeps his composure sometimes.  But he does.  And when he loses it, he regrets it.  He likes to make friends, not enemies.  I wish that he were able to work in a place (just once in his life, at least) where he got along with EVERYONE.  Where everyone believed the way he does... that hard work is important.  Laziness gets you nowhere.  Maybe one day, he'll have that opportunity.

But for now, he bites his tongue.  And he prays for those people.  He has realized that they will not change (until they are ready).  All he can do is love them.  Like Jesus does.  That's what we're supposed to do, right? 

Just thought I'd share... I know that was kind of random.  But I appreciate him so much. 

His honesty, his compassion, his loyalty, his steadfastness, his ability to be a leader... that's something I've always wanted to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment