Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July Favorites

I am so glad this month is over!!!

For 2 reasons:

1 - it's been a bummer.  but that's a story for another day.
2 - it's BEACH TIME.... in 11 days.

So here are a few of my favorite things this month!

-----------------------------------

Merle Norman Aquabalance Foundation


I used to wear this foundation a lot.  But I had been trying so many new things, it got stuck away on the bottom of the pile.  But I pulled it back out one day and rediscovered my love for it.  I love the lightweight feeling it gives, but the coverage is great!  And it lasts very well to be a "lightweight" makeup.  It's perfect for summertime.  And though it's been SCORCHINGLY hot here in Bama, and I have still worn Colorstay Whipped on church days and such, it's been nice to have little makeup on and still great coverage.

--------------------------------------

Garnier Nutrisse Dark Circle Eye Roller


This is another rediscovered product.  I've had this for ages.  But I've been using other concealers for a while.  But I pulled this baby out recently and it's GREAT!  It's not a miracle worker when it comes to coverage, but it does work great to conceal darkness.  Another plus, it's cooling on the skin.  Great for a midday pick-me-up.  And the caffeine helps a little, too, for us "non-morning" people.

----------------------------------------

Real Techniques Face Brush & Powder Brush



I bought these brushes a month or so ago at Ulta.  I'm in love with them.  I've been using the face brush to apply foundation (all kinds of foundations) and it works great.  And the powder brush is so soft!  I just do a "patting" motion to apply my setting powder and it creates a very pretty finish without applying too much product.

------------------------------------------

MAC Painterly Paint Pot


I purchased 2 Paint Pots recently.  First I bought Soft Ocre.  But I got it home and used it and discovered it was a little too yellow for me.  It'll probably work fine during the winter (pale) months.  So I went back and got Painterly.  I've used it every single day and I love it!  Not sure how I went this long without it.

---------------------------------------------

e.l.f. Blush and Bronzer Duo


I LOVE LOVE LOVE the blush from this duo and I've been wearing it tons!  It's such a soft, pretty, peachy color with a little shimmer.  So pretty during the summer.  And you CAN NOT beat the price.

-----------------------------------------------

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy


I bought a small size of this perfume and I'm in love with it!!!!
I don't like really strong perfumes, and this one is subtle enough that it doesn't knock you down, but it definitely is noticeable.  It's so bright and "juicy" smelling. :)

-----------------------------------------------

Those products have been tops for me this month!

2 comments:

  1. Love following your blog! I have bought several of your favorites! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete