Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Product Review - Merle Norman Primers

I've never been too big on primers.... of any kind.

But over the past few months, I've been trying a few by Merle Norman.  I received both of these in free gifts.  And I'm so glad I didn't just toss them in a drawer.


Foundation Primer


What it does:  This undercover wonder preps skin for flawless makeup application.  It invisibly creates a smooth and even surface with polymers that fill in fine lines and wrinkles, and optical diffusers that help minimize the appearance of pores.  The result is a perfect canvas that allows foundation and blush to glide on effortlessly and stay in place for longer wear and truer color.




Lash Prep

What it does:  This product claims to boost your mascara's benefits and extend its wear with a primary coat that maximizes and lengthens lashes.  Its molded applicator combs through each individual lash to evenly distribute product from root to tip.  



My overall opinion:

Foundation Primer

I've mentioned Merle Norman's Foundation Primer before, but I love it!
It gives your face a silky (sort of silicone-y) texture.  It glides on, fills in lines, and really does give your foundation a smooth finish.  And I do think it helps to control oil and keep makeup in place throughout the day.


I'm not sure on exact prices of these, since they vary from store to store.  But I know the foundation primer is a little on the expensive side.  But it only takes a SMALL amount to cover your entire face.
So I think it would be worth the money - if you're into primers.  Or, if you've never been and would like to try one.


Lash Primer

I've always kind of thought these were "gimmicky," but I'm a believer now.

I do have pretty long lashes.  And with my favorite mascara, Covergirl Lashblast Volume, they appear pretty thick and healthy on their own.

But this primer really helps them to stand out!

One coat is plenty.  Let it dry for a second, and then apply your favorite mascara. 

I'm one who tends to use 2 or 3 coats of mascara.  But with this primer, it's really not necessary.  I can tell a big difference in my lashes when using this product.  And it also helps your mascara to stay vibrant throughout the day - no flaking or smudging.  I think this is definitely worth the money.  Even if you're skeptical, like I was, I think you should give it a try.  Especially if you have sparse or short lashes.  You might be pleasantly surprised!

(The only problem I've had - be careful not to apply the product too close to your lashline.  It may cause  some burning if it creeps into your eye.  ouch.)

No comments:

Post a Comment