Saturday, July 7, 2012

the single life...

I've been living it for the past 2 weeks.

Jason has been working out-of-town since we had so many strong storms that reached parts of the U.S. He's been from Florida to Ohio.  

I know he's tired, physically and mentally, and his body needs a few days of rest.

But the men and women from Alabama Power are helping so many people.  Millions have been without power for over a week.  I'm so proud of my husband, who is a part of the effort to get these people's lights (and AIR CONDITIONERS) back on.

He says that the people have been so kind to them.  They are quite impressed by the hard work of our folks.  

16-hour days - restoring power in 100 degree heat.

Now, that's hard work.


Alabama Power ROCKS.  Never forget that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This IS exactly what we prayed for.

And if you read my Moving Mountains post, you'll know why we needed the overtime.

On June 26th, the crew drove straight to Sarasota, Florida.  The next morning, they were told they weren't needed and were sent home.  We were so confused.  But we believed there was a reason.  He would show us in time.
They got back home on Thursday.  He got up Friday and went to work his normal shift.  
Then it happened.
He got a call Friday night about 9:30 to be dressed and ready to go bright and early Saturday morning to head north.

Wow.  The Lord works in mysterious ways.  But He WORKS.

I've tried to keep reminding myself that this is what we asked for... He even spoke to me one night while I was praying and I immediately sent Jason a text.

"This is going to be a blessing for you and your family.  I will give you the strength to make it through."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am SOOOOOOO beyond READY to see my husband.  I can't wait to smell him and wrap my arms around him.  It's been way too long.

Kudos to women everywhere who do this alone.  This crazy journey they call LIFE. 
You deserve a prize.  A BIG one. 
:)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete