Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Review - Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

I recently purchased one of the BRAND NEW Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains.


I am very impressed with this product!

I purchased the color "Honey."  It's a soft pink, but has great color payoff.  
It's sort of like "my lip color, but better." 


These are brand new!  I was just able to find them in our local Walmart about a week ago.  However, I'm pretty sure that you can find them everywhere now.

They run about $8.99.  
I did receive a coupon from Target (at checkout) for $1.00 off and I plan to use it soon.

(I also heard a rumor that they are on sale right now at Walgreen's BOGO1/2off.  But don't hold me to it.)

These have been compared to the Clinique Chubby Sticks (in appearance) in that they are chubby and retractable.

But some claim they are pretty much exact dupes of the Tarte Lip Surgence stains, but at a fraction of the cost.  They have a slight minty smell, are soft in texture, and have great pigment and staying power!

I wore "Honey" to church this past Sunday and paid special attention to it throughout the day.

I applied it around 9:30 in the morning, went to church, sang in the choir, ate lunch afterward, and checked myself in the mirror on the drive home.  
Approximately 4 hours and I STILL had color on my lips.
Now, obviously it wasn't as pigmented as when first applied, but there WAS product on my lips after a lot of activity.  And keep in mind that I have one of the softer colors.  I'm sure some of the other colors would have even better results.

My overall opinion:

I love these!
They all appear to have a slight sheen to them when first applied, but I think the finish is more semi-matte after several hours of wear. 
They could be topped with a gloss if necessary. 
(Might not have the greatest staying power, but would still be pretty.) 
I plan to purchase 2 more - "Precious" and "Charm." 
"Precious" appears to be the softest, pinkish/nude color.
"Charm" is also very soft, but on the peachier side.

Hope you try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment