Friday, June 1, 2012

Review - Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush

I'm a little behind the bandwagon when it comes to these blushes.  I've read/heard so much about them, but with mixed reviews.  Some people love them.  Others think they don't do their job well enough.

So here's my thoughts and first impression:

I purchased these 2 colors.

#45 - Orchid Hush (left)
#50 - Plum Wine (right)

(with flash) 

In this picture below, you can see the texture.  It truly is "bouncy."  It has a very soft texture, similar to a mousse.  I was a fan of the Dream Mousse blushes, and these feel similar.  I've heard some say they apply them with a brush, but I used my finger and I think it might work better.  They are very 
blend-able.


I've heard many people say that these blushes do not have good color pay off.  That's why I purposely chose Plum Wine.  I would not normally be drawn to a blush with that much color, but I wanted to see how it would perform.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Now, I am very fair-skinned.  It shows up great on me.  But I can't speak for those with darker complexions.  I THINK it would work for most skin tones, though.  

As for Orchid Hush, it is EXTREMELY soft.  Like, it barely shows up.  I had to really work at it, applying several layers, to see the color.  I had a feeling it would be this way.  It was one of the softest options.  And there was a reason I chose it.

I've been trying to decide on a product to purchase as a highlighter.  However, I didn't want something with lots of glitter.  When I saw this shade, I thought it MIGHT work as a highlighter for my fair skin.  And it does a pretty good job!

I'm really liking the combination.

 (with and without flash)

My overall opinion:

I'm pleased with my purchase!

I have only worn them for a few hours, so I can't comment on staying power.  However, I'm sure you could set them with a powder if you were concerned about them wearing off.

I shopped at Walgreen's.  These products were Buy One Get One 1/2 Off.
So not a bad deal.
I'm not sure if I'll end up trying other colors.  I might just stick to these.
I'm liking the idea of cream blushes during the summer months, and I'm happy with my find.

I think these will do a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment