Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Week 12 Update

This week's post is a little lacking.... but it was a rough weekend.

I had a scare Saturday, stayed in bed all day Sunday and waited anxiously for my doctor's appointment Monday afternoon.

But everything turned out fine!  Got a good report and heard baby's heartbeat - of 170!

I'm not answering any questions today, since not much has changed... the only difference is weight gain.  I've actually lost a few pounds, putting me back at my starting weight.

Other than that, everything's good.

Baby this week:
-The biggest development this week is reflexes.  Fingers, toes, eyes, and mouth muscles are all working and moving.  Baby can also feel (and respond) to poking at Mommy's belly.
-Nerve cells are developing rapidly in baby's body and brain.
-From crown to rump, baby is just over 2 inches long, about the size of a lime, and weighs half and ounce.



No comments:

Post a Comment