Saturday, August 20, 2011

No luck.. on to Plan B

Well, we have decided to take our house off the market.  After more than 2 years without a single offer (or anyone interested enough to make an offer), we feel that time is up.

We've been through every emotion:  anger, sadness, frustration, and we're finally to excitement.

We have so many things to look forward to in the upcoming year.  So we aren't going to let this hold us back.  Yes, we would've liked more room before the baby gets here, but that's just not gonna happen.  I've had to remind myself that MANY PEOPLE live in 3 bedroom homes, with no basement, with 2 children.  My sister and I didn't have a "playroom" growing up.  That's what our bedrooms were for.  So I've realized that we can make this work.

It might be a little tight (since we don't have a basement or garage for extra storage, and now all of our closets will be used strictly for clothes) but we'll manage.  We are still blessed.  I have to remind myself of that.

So now, we've moved on to Plan B.  Renovations.  There are several things we want to do before the baby gets here to make our home look more "up-to-date" and modern.  I not really looking forward to spending the money to do it, but hopefully it won't cost a fortune.  We've done a pretty good job over the past 6 years we've owned the home, it just needs a few little touches: hardware, light fixtures, paint, those sorts of things.  The thing I'm MOST excited about - FLOORS!!  My kitchen and bathrooms are so old, scuffed, and ugly.  I cannot WAIT to have them replaced.  Only catch: Jason thinks he wants to do porcelain tile.  That's fine, but he wants to do it himself (with help from a friend).  I would rather just pay someone to do it. :)  But I think it'll be great once it's done.

Now, if I can just make him get a move on... he's so busy these days, and I know he doesn't want to spend his weekends doing stuff around the house... but it has to be done!

I'm making a list.  I'm definitely a list person, and I'm going to teach him to be one, too!!

Wish us luck on this journey and new chapter of our lives.

2 comments:

  1. You are right! Sometimes I get frustrated with the way we did things when this house was built - perfect size at first now too small, carpet color, do-it-yourself landscaping, etc. - but then I have to remember how many people have never had the opportunity to have a new home. But, y'all have a perfect home full of fun and love and that's all that matters....new baby will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right... we'll be just fine and dandy!

    ReplyDelete