Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Change is Coming...

If you read my recent post about changes, you'll be glad to know they are on their way!!!

We are expecting our 2nd baby!
(Jase's smirk is a HAPPY smirk. :)  He really is excited, I promise!)

We are so thrilled.  It happened in perfect timing, exactly when I wanted. :)

My first doctor appointment was today, and I'm 6 weeks and a few days pregnant.

Due date: March 6, 2012

I didn't do blogger when I was pregnant the first time, so I'm going to try to do weekly posts updating you all (if you care).

So far so good... no nausea, just some tiredness and dizziness.  I do, however, FEEL pregnant - which is a good thing!!

So far, no weight gain... I've actually lost a few pounds (b/c I had gained almost 8 and was determined to get them off before my doctor appointment).  But I HAVE GOT to start exercising regularly!  I gained almost 50 POUNDS with Jase (15 of which were in the first trimester - too many Oreos) and I refuse to let that happen again!!!


So here's this week's accomplishments:

  • The baby's nose, mouth, and ears are beginning to take shape.
  • Baby's little arms and legs are just little protruding buds.
  • Baby's heart is beating at 100-160 times a minute, twice as fast as mine.
  • Blood is beginning to pump through baby's body.
  • Intestines are developing and lungs are on the rise.
     
     Isn't our Creator AMAZING?!?!?!?!?

Baby
1/4 of an inch long - the size of a lentil

Mommy
(excuse the pooch... it's really not from baby.  That would be from the LAST baby.  HA!)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Carolyn! Very exciting! March 6th is my little sister, Haley's, birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much!!! I remember Haley, very well! :) Such a beautiful young lady. I know you miss her!

    ReplyDelete