Monday, October 11, 2010

My Go-To...


If you've been reading my posts recently, you know I'm a makeup junkie.  
I love it... and I'm a tad obsessed.

For the past month or so, I've been wearing pretty much the same thing everyday, though.  I've been trying new products and I've found my "Go-To" look.

I've been trying new foundations for the past few weeks.  I've been doing some research on different brands and types (since I ran out of my Merle Norman Aqua Balance and Long-Lasting).  So, I've been trying to find something comparable in coverage, but cheaper in price.
After reading about Revlon's Colorstay, I decided to try it.  It's been getting a lot of hype from beauty gurus that I follow.  I also bought Maybelline's Superstay.  They both are good.  However, they are a tad heavier in consistency and coverage than I was hoping for.  My skin is pretty clear, and I don't really like a heavy foundation on a daily basis.  

So, after seeing someone compare Maybelline's Mineral Power - Natural Perfecting Foundation - to MAC's Face and Body foundation, I had to try it.  

And I LOVE IT!  

It's very light-weight... almost like a tinted moisturizer.  But it's also build-able in case you need more coverage.  It took me a few tries to get the shade right - the first one I bought came out a little too orange - but I finally found the perfect shade!  I DO wish it were larger, since it's pretty thin, and I can imagine I'll go through it pretty quickly.  But that's my only complaint.

Dusted with my new favorite powder, Revlon PhotoReady, it's a great combination.


And lastly, I found an eyeshadow quad by Revlon months ago called Colorstay Sandstorm.  
I. LOVE. IT. 
I love shimmery shadows, and this is definitely that.  But, it's not overboard.  It's light, but enough color to make your eyes pop.  



It's a great everyday look for me!

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog when I finally wandered over to mine! Very cute. I never wear base but I was forced to buy foundation for Falan's wedding two ro three years ago and I still have the SAME base (as you have) and I do use that powder! it's great. Have you tried the photo finish foundation? I'm maybe going to venture out and try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! No, I sure haven't tried that one... but I've heard a lot about it. I was going to buy it recently, but read a lot of reviews saying that it was pretty "shimmery". So I just never could talk myself into it. I've been trying a lot lately, though, and have found several that I like!

    ReplyDelete