Thursday, October 28, 2010

Breezes...

Our house has been full of them, lately. 


For the past 2 weeks, our air conditioner has been broken.  Considering that we've lived here for almost 6 years, and the house is 15 years old and has the ORIGINAL heating/cooling system, I think we're pretty lucky.  We've never even had it serviced.  It's always run perfectly.

Until now.

Luckily, our real estate policy has a complimentary service to repair broken "things" while our house is on the market.  This is saving us about $1500.  I'm SO THANKFUL for that.  We definitely don't have the money to fix a broken air conditioner... especially this close to Christmas.

I can't wait to see how our power bill reflects our "green-ness" this month.  We've been surviving with open windows and doors.  Thank goodness the weather has cooperated pretty well for the past few weeks.

I can't complain too much... We've been pretty blessed with the whole situation.

But in all honesty, I'll be thankful to have my air back!


UPDATE:

Since I actually wrote this blog, it turned HOT here in Bama with lots of severe weather.
During this time, it became SMOLDERING inside.
Luckily, my uncle came to the rescue and brought us a window unit to run for a few days.  It has been a blessing!

This weekend, it's supposed to turn colder... a lot colder.  So, hopefully we won't freeze to death with no heat.

And by the way, our power bill was 100 DOLLARS less this month.  I'm hoping next month will be the same, since the meter was read in the midst of our air dilemma.

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment