Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Week 19 Update

I've been MIA for a week now.  Not sure if you've missed me or not. :)

There's a post coming about my horrific week last week.  But I'm just not ready to sit down and type the whole story.  But I know I need to share it.  So I will... eventually.

This week has been quite a bit better so far.  Yesterday, we had our 19 week appointment and ULTRASOUND.  

We're having a BOY!  

Which is so funny to me.  I was secretly hoping for another boy.  But EVERYONE said it was a girl... just like last time.  I got my hopes up with Jase (because I wanted a girl so badly) but I knew not to do that this time.  However, let me say, I LOVE MY BOYS.  I wouldn't change it for the world.  I really had no inclination as to what's growing in my belly, but I'm very happy with the outcome.  I would've been happy either way, but this is great.  Jase is going to be a great big brother.

Baby this week:
-Baby's sensory development is exploding!    Lots of exciting things going on in baby's brain.
-Studies show that baby can hear us... so we've been talking to him everyday.  It's so sweet to hear Jase tell the baby 'he loves him and can't wait for him to get here.'
-He weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and is about 6 inches long, head to bottom.
-Arms and legs are now in right proportion to his body.
-He's moving all around.... and we can finally feel it!  Jason even felt him kick the other day.  Awesome.  It's such a wonderful thing for others to be able to experience what's living inside you.

Mommy this week:
-I'm doing good.  To be honest, I kind of forgot I was pregnant for a few days last week.  I was focused on other things.  But I'm back to feeling BIG.  
-My weight gain is right at 10 pounds.  I lost a few at the beginning of last week, but gained them right back. :(  But the doctor says I'm doing good.... right on track.
-My hips hurt, but that's nothing new.  I have scoliosis so I'm used to back pain.  But I had TERRIBLE pain in my lower back and hip joints with Jase.  So I have prepared myself for it to get much worse.
-Sleeping is better, as long as I keep a pillow in between my legs.  It helps tremendously.
-And heartburn... oh, heartburn.  It has decided to make it's appearance.  But luckily, it's not too bad yet. Just when I eat sweet things.  I can handle spicy all day long. :)

That's about it.  Stay tuned for our story.  Our miracle story.

No comments:

Post a Comment