Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pregnancy Woes

How I long for the days of clear skin...


I knew it would be this way... I cried many days during my first pregnancy because my skin was TERRIBLY broken out.  I think there were days my husband cried, too, secretly.  

And those days have returned.  

I've been pretty lucky growing up... clear skin was just in my cards.  But pregnancy brings something else out in me... and it's of the devil. 

I have tried EVERYTHING, but I realize it's just hormonal.  And so therefore, there's not much that will help.  Just gotta deal.

And I feel so selfish and vain - to think this is my biggest worry... but it's a big worry.  Especially for an emotional pregnant woman.  :)  I'm sure some of you can relate.

While I found that some of my daily products were making the problem worse, I've adjusted my routine. Hoping this helps... I can see a little bit of improvement so far, and hoping it continues.

I've been washing my face twice daily with this.  I'm not a fan of the smell, but it works pretty well.  Sorta dries my skin out a tad (and I do have oily skin) but I think it's helping.

I follow with this moisturizer.  I like it a lot and will probably continue using it for a while.

And I made a trip to Ulta the other day to find a concealer to hide this junk.  And this is working pretty well.  It says it's an Industrial Strength concealer.... I wouldn't go that far, but I like it okay.  What I was previously using just wasn't cutting it.  So this helps some.  I have 60 days to return it, so I'm still trying to decide if I like it enough to keep it.  Will keep you posted.

Hoping this routine will help me out a little... at least for the next 5 months!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment