Saturday, October 15, 2011

Racing for a Cure!!

Some Saturday inspiration... since I've been a terrible blogger over the past 2 weeks.  Hopefully I can get back on track.

Today, the annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure was held in downtown Birmingham.  Thousands (and I mean THOUSANDS) of people showed up bright and early this morning to run/walk in celebration and memory of loved ones with breast cancer.  And it was a sea of PINK.


The day started at 8:30 this morning with a parade of survivors.  My mother-in-law, Becky Perkins, is an 8 YEAR SURVIVOR.  We celebrated that today!!


Then, a HUMONGOUS group of runners lined up and took off at 9:00 sharp.  This was the 3k run.  Jason's brother, Shane, and my sister, Christie, were both in this group... along with some other friends.  We are SO PROUD OF THEM!!!  


 And then, finally, at 10:00 we began the 1 mile walk.  This is so much fun.  There are so many people there, gathered together for one reason - breast cancer awareness.

This was our group, including my 82-year-old Granny.  We all walked together - wearing our PINK!


We had a great time and can't wait until next year's run/walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment