Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Week 15 Update

Another week has passed... this is going by much faster than I anticipated.

I have so much on my to-do list.... and I can't wait to tackle it!  One thing at a time.

This week's update:  not much has changed!  HA.  I know I say that every week, but I promise, it's true.  My next doctor's appointment is a week away and I can't WAIT to hear that little heartbeat.  It makes all your worries melt away... it says, "everything's okay, Mom... I'm just hanging out."

Baby this week:
-Baby measures 4 inches long, from crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces - the size of an apple.
-Lungs are beginning to develop, legs are growing longer, and all its joints and limbs are "moveable."
-Although the eyelids are still fused shut, baby can sense light.
-Taste buds are forming on that tiny tongue.



Now, this is NOT our baby, but it amazes me that this is what our baby could look like at this very moment.  It's amazing to know that this little 2 1/2 ounce, 4 inch long creature in my belly is just a miniature version of what he/she will look like in a few short months when we meet face to face.
Amazing.





No comments:

Post a Comment