Thursday, September 2, 2010

smarty pants...


The other day, my husband and I were having a discussion about how LUCKY I am to be able to stay home every day with Jase.  I think he gets a little jealous, but who wouldn't?  No, we might not be able to spend butt-loads of money on things that we don't really need, but really want.  However, I think we're doing just fine.  Sometimes I just have to remind him that it's all worth it.  

His idea:  "Since you're home with him everyday and you don't have anything else to do, you need to teach him to count to 100."

My thought:  That's a little "out there," considering that most kindergarteners can't count that high!  But I took it as a challenge.  I LOVE teaching... so what better student is there than my own child???  

I don't usually brag, but I do feel that my baby boy is pretty smart.  He picks up on things very quickly, and he has a GREAT memory... just like Daddy.  You can show him something ONCE, and he's got it.  

I mean, thanks to Dora, he can count to 5 in Spanish... something I'm sure I couldn't do at 2.

I decided, since I have lots of time on my hands, that I'd make some cute little flashcards - ABCs and numbers.  We had fun printing, cutting out, and coloring the pictures... but after going through the whole deck, I realized that it might have been a complete waste of time.  He knows every letter (recognition), as well as the pictures to go along with them.  So, I guess we'll work on letter sounds and numbers.  We can almost count to 20... just a few that we skip, or make up completely, along the way.


Our next learning project - the Alabama fight song... how cute would that be???

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Jase is very smart!!! I know yall are very proud of him!

    ReplyDelete