Wednesday, September 1, 2010

4 years...

Yesterday, August 31st, was a sad day.

4 years ago, I lost someone very special... my granddad - my Pop.


As I was laying in bed last night, unable to sleep - which is something that is happening a lot lately - I was thinking about him.  I think about him often... I go back to that last day he was here with us.  Standing beside him as he took his last breath... our whole family there... Granny holding his hand.  That's a day I'll never forget.  The only happy thing about that night is that I KNOW he knew we were there.  All of us.  Even though he couldn't tell us, he knew.  

And the only thing that gives me hope now is knowing where he's at.  I'm sure he's running laps around Heaven, breathing deep and enjoying his time there, watching over us.  

When I sit and think about him, it makes me so sad.... that he was never able to meet his first great grandbaby.  I know how much joy his grandchildren - us 4 girls - brought to his life.  I can only imagine how happy he would be to meet Jase.  

But I know he's watching... and I know he's proud of me.


We miss you, Pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment