Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Week 28 Update

I'm a little late today... I've been at the doctor all morning.  

I failed both of my glucose tests, so today I had a class on Gestational Diabetes where I learned lots of things about managing my sugar during pregnancy, as well as received a meter to check my sugar each day.  

Fun Fun.

So here is this week's update.

Baby this week:
-Jett now weights about 2 1/4 pounds and measures about 14.8 inches from head to heel.
-He can blink, has eyelashes, and his eyesight is developing.  He can even see some light filtering through my belly.
-Billions of neurons are developing in his brain and he's adding more body fat (but not too much, we hope).

Mommy this week:
-Doing pretty good... just trying to get over the news of Gestational Diabetes.
-It's just 2 1/2 more months... I CAN DO THIS!!  No worries.
-After gaining a good bit of weight during the last trimester, I'm hoping to keep this trimester's weight gain at a minimum.... all baby, not me!  I'm thinking my new diet will help.
-UNCOMFORTABLE!  That's how I'm feeling.  And I know I have a long way to go (not really a LONG way, but long enough).  Trying not to complain too much.  Counting my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment