Friday, December 30, 2011

Big News!!!

There's some news I can finally tell you about!!


After almost 3 years on the market, our house has finally sold!!!  We are under contract and closing is set for January 17th!  We are beyond excited.  This was perfect timing.  And even though I stressed and stressed for years, it worked out perfectly... just the way it was supposed to.  We had a young couple approach us (about a month after taking it off the market) who were interested in buying it.  They weren't sure we'd be willing to sell since we had taken it off the market.  But SURE WE WERE!!  We didn't want to get our hopes up until we knew it was a done deal... and now, it pretty much is!  Contract's been signed, inspection's been done, and now we're just waiting to sign and hand over the keys!

We waited until a few days after Christmas to tell Jase, not knowing how he would react.  But once he saw us packing up our Christmas decorations, along with pictures off the wall, knick knacks laying around the house, and getting things labeled and marked for moving, he was very curious. 
 "Why are we getting rid of all of our things?" he asked.  So we had to tell him.  He's only 3, so he doesn't completely understand, but he knows we're going to live with Granny and that we're going to get a brand new house!  And he's excited.  It's not going to be as difficult for him as it is for me.  Every time I start to box things up, I get a little teary-eyed.  There's lots of memories in this little house.  The past 7 years have been amazing here, and we will definitely miss it.  But we are looking forward to a new adventure and a new home with new memories!!!

So that's what has been going on with us, and what we'll be up to for the next few weeks.  We are packing, packing, packing... but only a little at a time.  And they won't really let me do too much, so I have to wait for my hubby to help me.  

A few things I'm looking forward to:
*No more house payment!!! (at least for a few months)
*Not having to clean a whole house by myself!!!
*Having help with Jase and Jett. (when he arrives)

I know it will be tough at times, but it will be worth it!

I'll update you later on our living situation and how things go this next month.

In the meantime, I hope you have a WONDERFUL New Year full of blessings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment