Thursday, August 30, 2012

peanut butter chocolate chip CAKE MIX cookies

I ran across this recipe today on Plain Chicken's blog.


I've only made one other recipe for "cake mix" cookies.  I can't wait until my kitchen is complete so I can play around with other flavors.

These are so simple.  The ingredients?  You probably already have them on hand.

You'll need...

1 box yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips


I didn't have 2 cups of chocolate chips.  So I improvised.
I had a little left in a bag of semisweet chips and a little left in a bag of peanut butter chips.
So I used both.


Combine all ingredients (the recipe says to save the chocolate chips for last, but I forgot and dumped them in.... didn't seem to hurt anything) and mix together using a hand mixer.


Spoon batter onto a greased baking sheet, or one lined with parchment paper, and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.  I ended up baking mine for about 12 minutes b/c they were a little larger than the recipe suggested.


Don't they look yummy???

They were!



I'd call this recipe a success.

Next time, I'd like to try crunchy peanut butter and MORE chocolate chips.

They are light and fluffy and very "cake like."

Hope you try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment