Friday, August 3, 2012

change of plans

I haven't done a life update in a LONG TIME.  

So here goes...

If you've kept up with my blog for a while, you know we were in the process of building a home.  We are currently living with Jason's parents (and have been here since Jett was born 5 months ago).  It's been great living here, but we are BEYOND ready for our own home again!!!

It took us a LONG 5 months to get everything in order to start building.  We were down to the final step before digging - getting the construction loan.

Talk about major disappointment.

Our appraisal did not come in as expected.  Long story short:  we were gonna have to come up with 30,000 bucks to put down on the house.  Umm.... seriously?

No can do.

So we had to change plans.  Abandon everything we had in mind.  Forget about all the money we threw away getting prepared over the past months.

Sounds like life to me.

So we have decided to go with another group of homebuilders.  A group that does EVERYTHING for you.  Once we sign our names, we don't have to worry about another darn thing..  The only decision I'll have to make is what paint color to use - and all that fun stuff!!!

We met with them last Friday and are meeting again today to get things squared away.  

Even though I hate things didn't work out the way we had planned, I am certain this is for the best!
And I can't believe that after all this waiting, we are mere weeks away from seeing dirt move!

It's hard to contain my excitement. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment