Monday, January 16, 2012

A little delay

DISCLAIMER:  I apologize for any typos.  Muscle relaxers and computers don't mix.

so I know I told you I'd update you... I had a little "problem" arise.

But first, the story about my blog name:

Early Sunday morning, like wee hours of the morning, I was awake.  Wide awake.  I had not been feeling good that night, and then woke up with heartburn (as usual) but couldn't go back to sleep.  So instead of laying in the bed and staring at the ceiling, I decided to get up.  But as I was deciding what to do to pass the time, a song and name popped into my head.  I had been lying there praying (something I do lots of nights when I can't seem to sleep) thanking the Lord for the may blessings in my life.  3 of the most important things: my boys.  I couldn't make it a day without them (and one of them I've yet to meet).

That's when it hit me.  A few years ago, I put together a slide show of pictures of Jase's first years to Jack Johnson's song "Better Together."  That song immediately popped into my head and I couldn't get it out.  Last week, I had been playing with the name of my blog, but I really still wasn't dead set on it.  It just wasn't "clicking."  But this clicked.  We ARE better together.

So I might make a few more changes, obviously once Jett makes his arrival, but that's it.  

better together.

NOW THEN, on to the second part of the story.  I mentioned I wasn't feeling well Saturday night.  Sunday morning I still wasn't feeling well but managed to make it to church (barely) on time.  I felt better once I got there.  Sang for an hour.  Then went to sit down for the sermon.  As soon as I sat down, I started feeling "icky."  Hot and dizzy with a terrible stomach ache.  I ASSUMED it was the same thing I'd been dealing with since the night before.  But I made my way to the Common area and sat for awhile.  I noticed that I was having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions.... but every time I would contract, my stomach would hurt terribly.  After timing them for a while (2-3 minutes apart) I decided to call the doctor.  Of course, they made me come in to be monitored.  

Monitoring showed I was definitely having contractions.... which is not good @ 32 weeks.  I was also dilated 3 centimeters.

So they admitted me and I've been here ever since.... lots of medicine to try and stop the contractions (which has been successful today) and we're hoping I can be weaned off the meds tomorrow and possibly go home Wednesday.  CROSSING MY FINGERS that things go well tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment