Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I know it's beauty-related, but....

I know this post is beauty-related, and I DO have a beauty blog for things like this, 
but no one reads it. :)  

I'm just kidding.  I'm thankful for those of you who do. :)  I LOVE talking about makeup.

However, I do have more traffic here and, technically, it's HOUSE-related.

So here we go......

I FINALLY, after dreaming and searching for so long, have a vanity!


Exciting, huh?

Well it is for me!!!

I (and my in-laws) had been looking for a vanity at flea markets and antique stores, but I just hadn't found something I was in love with (and with the right price).

This past weekend, my brother-in-law sent me a text.  He had a desk (that was actually mine as a teenager) that he and my sister have used in their music room for a few years.  But they are moving and didn't want to take it with them.  So he was gonna give it back, if I thought I needed it.

I had forgotten all about it, but it was perfect!!!

So I bought everything I would need for the project and talked my hubby into helping me.
Once we got started, he kinda took over... but that's totally okay.  He does a much better job on those kinds of projects.
I tend to get tired and wimp out.
But be assured, if HE tackles a project, it's gonna be done right!

So we sanded, and sanded, and sanded some more.  Talk about a good arm workout.
Then he painted!

We added some new knobs and pulls and I recovered an old stool with some pretty fabric.

And it's absolutely perfect!!  I'm in love with it.

And I also LOVE my mirror from Bed, Bath & Beyond.  Been hanging on to that little gem for a month.  I knew I would need it eventually and it goes great with the vanity!

Now, after 11 months, I can store ALL of my makeup and goodies in one spot.  No more digging through boxes in the basement. :)

Here's some pics...

These brush holders were old... AND hot pink.  It's amazing what a little Mod Podge and scrapbook paper will do.

my pretty stool and knobs... had to have a little bling.

pretty lamp from Hobby Lobby and my quite-small, but growing, perfume collection

top drawer is devoted to everyday essentials... and mascara.
another creative touch... tackle box for mascara storage.  works like a charm.

top drawer: eye palettes, loose shadows, and primers

middle drawer: foundation, powder and blush 

bottom drawer: catch all :)
various lip/eye products that I'm currently not using but never when I'll need 'em.
and bags.  lots of makeup bags.  they come in handy.

Again, I LOVE IT!!!

And a BIG, HUGE thank you to my awesome hubby.
He always goes out of his way to make me a happy girl. :)

And I'm one HAPPY girl.



1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! I wish I could get that organized.

    ReplyDelete