Friday, November 9, 2012

progress report

I have done a terrible job updating you all about the progress of our new home!!

And in case you missed that.... we are homeless.
We have been for 8 long months.

Thankful for our family who has taken us in.
But we are ALL ready for this process to be over.

It's so exciting to watch it all take place.
However, this will be the first and last house we build.
It's stressful.  And expensive. :)

So here's the scoop:

We began this journey in February.
Finally, at the end of September, we broke ground.

And here we are today.... November 9th, and it's coming along nicely!
We are shooting for the first of December as a "finish" date.  I'm definitely hoping it happens. 
 I would LOVE to have Christmas in our new home!

Here are some Instagram photos of the progress.
I'm going to do a much better job at picture taking and updating now.  I promise.







As of yesterday, the sheetrock was almost complete, as well as the siding.
I haven't made a trip to the site today but will be going by later this afternoon.
I can't wait to see what they've gotten done today.

Some things that I'm sure are coming: roof and brick work.
The materials are there, just waiting to be worked with.

And now comes the fun part... the INSIDE!  I can't wait to see cabinets, molding and paint!

Stay tuned for another update next week!

~ Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment