Monday, November 22, 2010

Last minute decisions...


... are sometimes the best decisions.

I have an issue with being spontaneous.  I admit it... I'm a fruit-loop when it comes to doing things in order, on schedule, and by a plan.  That's why I have everything written down on my trusty calendar.  And I don't jive well with getting off track.  If I'm gonna fit it into my schedule, it should be on my calendar at least a week in advance. :)

HOWEVER, after being married to my hubby for 5 1/2 years, I have come to realize that this is not practical.  I need to loosen up... when it comes to lots of things.

Jason got home Friday afternoon after hunting all day.  He then hit me with, "I think we should go to the Jason Aldean concert tonight."

Now, it was 4 hours til showtime, we had no tickets, AND we had already planned to visit his grandmother in the nursing home.  So, this idea really threw a kink in my plan.  

But it did sound like fun! 

So we searched the internet and were able to find tickets.  Now, just a few days ago, we had a discussion about how we needed to save money right now, since Christmas is coming up and his next check with have ZERO overtime on it... if you or yours has a job where overtime pay is available, you know how helpful it is (especially around this time of year).  And here we were, TOTALLY going against that plan.  But, it's just money right?  And you can't take it with you.  It's been a little while since we've had a date night, so we gave in to the temptation... just this once.

But we still had to visit Granny... so we jumped in the car, raced to Gardendale (30 minutes away), sat with her for about an hour, and then headed back to drop Jase off with my parents (who, so graciously, never turn me down when I ask for a babysitter).  
We got ready in a hurry and somehow still had time to get a bite to eat before the show.

After the show (which was great, by the way), we walked across the parking lot at the BJCC where a carnival was taking place.  They were about to close, so the cops let us sneak in the EXIT without paying.  We chose to take a quick carousel ride @ 10:30 that night (and we were the only ones on it).

THEN... we decided that we weren't tired, so we called some friends who had been at the concert, too, and met them for a little late night snack @ Purple Onion.

Such a great night... none of which was planned. :)  See, I'm branching out.

So overall, it was a night of firsts and spontaneity!

I think I've come a long way... not to mention, I wore SKINNY JEANS AND "GET 'EM GIRL" BOOTS.  :)

That's definitely a first!

No comments:

Post a Comment